Assistant Superintendent – Single Family
Based in the Metro Vancouver Area, Epic Homes is a small company with big ambitions. We are a vertically integrated residential homebuilder and developer focusing on ground-oriented communities and homes in the Fraser Valley. There is an exciting opportunity to join our construction team as an Assistant Superintendent to help construct our new 600 unit master-planned community Kanaka Springs in Maple Ridge. This role will include responsibility for managing onsite construction activities from excavation up to drywall load. The ideal candidate has a mentality to get things done, is looking to raise the bar and advance their career, is a great communicator, and has the capacity to work with and motivate excellence out of subcontractors and suppliers. Experience on ground-oriented residential construction sites is a must.
• Assist the site superintendent in ensuring that trades and suppliers are progressing as per the construction schedule. This includes creating detailed schedules for the mechanical rough-in stage;
• This role would include working with subcontractors starting at excavation, then working with concrete cribbers, framers, and all mechanical trades to complete rough-in;
• Work with professionals and City officials to ensure home passes all necessary inspections
• Ensure that components are built according to approved plans, specification’s, and applicable codes/bylaws
• Assist the site superintendent with budget review
• Ensure all staff, sub-trades, and suppliers are compliant with WCB safe working practices and procedures
• Monitor all homes on a daily basis to ensure all materials and workmanship is in compliance with Epic’s quality control guidelines
• Experience working on residential construction projects;
• Solid understanding of current construction practices, architectural drawings, and specifications;
• Ability to schedule and effectively document onsite activities;
• Experience in a supervisory or managerial position is an asset;
• Apprenticeship, first aid certifications, or work in the trades would be an asset;
• Understanding of Part 9 of the BCBC would be an asset;
• University, college, or accredited courses would be an asset;
This is a site-based position with competitive pay, a long run-way at a single location, and an exciting opportunity to quickly expand an applicant’s skill set and role within the company.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, submit a resume using the form below!